Today I’m sharing a new green drink with you. Recently I had a week where I over indulged and ate a little too much processed foods and my body was craving something green, so I decided to make a fresh, green drink for breakfast. This drink is simple, fresh, natural, and tasty!
Like many smoothies and green drinks, it starts off with some green veggies. I used baby spinach but you can use any green veggie, like Kale or Romaine.
Then to add some hydration I peeled and roughly chopped a cucumber.
I also add half of a lemon (juice only) and half an apple.
For some anti-inflammatory benefits and the “zing” of the drink, I added a few slices of fresh ginger!
Not pictured was a rib of celery and some orange juice. I’ve made this with and without the orange juice. I originally made it with a cup of water but had some extra orange juice so I tried it with that in hopes of sweetening it up a little but didn’t really notice a difference.
If you are going to drink this right away I recommend using cold water or tossing in some ice cubes after blending. Otherwise, if you won’t be drinking it right away, I recommend letting the drink chill in the refrigerator.
This is a great drink to have for breakfast or a snack if you need a quick cleanse!
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, or other green
- half a cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- half an apple, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¼ cup orange juice (or another ¼ cup water)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat, within 12 hours.