Today I have another macadamia nut recipe for you! After the macadamia nut pancakes were such a hit I decided I had to try to make them into cookies. I was talking with coworkers and the idea of maple macadamia nut cookies hit me and I had to do it. And that’s how these cookies were born.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons non dairy milk or water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream the coconut oil and sugar together. Add the flour, oats, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour in the milk or water, maple syrup, and vanilla, then mix well. It will be a little watery but if it won't stay together you can add more flour. Next, add the macadamia nuts.
- Using a tablespoon size measuring spoon, spoon out 12 rounds and use your hand to flatten them on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they are starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and let cool before moving to a cooling rack.